(last updated on 12/19/2019)
We hope that you find our internet site to be a service to you. In order to provide you with the best products, excellent information and quality customer service, we record a variety of data from your visit to our site. We record your computer's domain name, information indicating which site pages you viewed, the address of the site you came from before visiting our site and any search terms you used to find our site. We also record your e-mail address if you chose to communicate with us via e-mail. And, should we offer an online survey, we will record any information you provide us in that survey. Any such information we collect is maintained on secure servers.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us a message via e-mail, postal mail or by calling us at 1-800-237-1324.
If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending us a message via e-mail, postal mail or by calling us at 1-800-237-1324.
If you supply us with your telephone number online, you may receive a phone call from one of our marketing representatives. If you do not wish to receive such calls, please let us know by sending us a message via e-mail, postal mail or by calling us at 1-800-237-1324.
Phone: 1-800-237-1324 • Fax: 1-888-899-0094 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Consumers. We are a business–to–business seller. To the extent we learn any of the personal information identified above about any individual, including California residents, it is in the course of conducting due diligence regarding or providing or products or services to or from other businesses, whether companies, partnerships, sole proprietorships, nonprofits, or government agencies. We do not sell personal information we collect to any third party. We use that information solely to serve our business customers: to provide goods or services requested; to further ongoing business relationships; and to perform contracts with those customers.
That said, we may inadvertently learn the personal information of individuals not associated with business customers, including information about California consumers. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides certain protections to such California consumers. If you believe that we have acquired information about you as an individual, as opposed to a representative or agent of one of our business customers, this section describes the rights of California residents under the CCPA and how to exercise them. To the extent they apply:
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you upon request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling any personal information.
- The purposes for which the information we collected will be used.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose; and, if so, any categories of personal information that were sold or disclosed, and the categories of any third parties to whom personal information was sold or disclosed.
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our agreement with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To make such a request, please contact us via any of the methods listed in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
Only you or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. However, you may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may make a verifiable consumer request up to two times within a twelve-month period, without charge. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We try to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension time period (up to 90 days). If you have an account with us, we will deliver our response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve-month period preceding receipt. The response we provide will also explain any reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. They let a website know when a user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example the customer’s name, order history, etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and do not read information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, access a user's email address, etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed. You can opt out of cookies using your browser’s cookie settings or other third party software. If you do so, our website may not work for you because the functions of the website are dependent on cookies. Cookies are computer-specific. If you log on to any site from a different computer or device, only the cookie settings on that computer or device will apply.
Web beacons are small strings of code that are placed in a web page or in an email message. They are sometimes called "clear GIFs" (Graphics Interchange Format) or "pixel tags". Web beacons are most often used in conjunction with cookies to track activity on our websites. When you visit a particular web page, web beacons notify us of your visit. Since web beacons are used in combination with cookies, if you disable cookies the web beacons will only detect an anonymous website visit. When used in an email, Web beacons enable us to know whether you have received the email.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Privacy of Children. We are concerned about the privacy of young children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person under 18. We do not sell products for purchase by children.
Third Parties. We use reputable third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf. Sometimes these service providers need information about our customers in order to do their jobs, such as fulfill orders, maintain and manage our customer database, or report on customer behavior and/or preferences. For any service providers who have access to certain of your personal information, we require them to maintain that information in the strictest confidence and we do not permit them to use it in any way other than to help us serve our customers.
We currently use the services of a few carefully selected companies to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. These companies help us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and better understand how visitors use our sites. To do this, cookies are placed on computer browsers and web beacons are placed on our websites on our behalf. The type of information collected in this manner includes pages visited, products viewed and products placed in your shopping cart. By supplementing our records, this information helps us to identify what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers and what kinds of offers our customers like to see.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by our third party service provider, please contact us by one of the means identified below.
You can also read more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative's website.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 1-800-237-1324
- By fax: 1-888-899-0094
- By mail: Discount Balloons, 13280 NW Freeway, Ste F356, Houston, TX 77040